Building Permit Approvals
Grimbos Building Surveyors provide permit approvals for large to medium sized projects, including but not limited to tenancy and office fitouts, multi residential apartments and developments, commercial, health and leisure projects.
Visit the project page to peruse a range of projects Grimbos Building Surveyors have conducted consultancy services for.
As registered private building surveyors, Grimbos Building Surveyors are responsible for ensuring buildings are safe, accessible and energy efficient. This is achieved by assessing building permit applications for compliance with the Building Code of Australia to then enable the issue of a building permit.
The scope of services typically provided for a building permit includes the following;
- Review of schematic drawings, providing advice in regard to the regulatory impact of the proposal
- Identify and suggest alternative design solutions which may be more cost effective
- Provide advice on the staging of permits which best meets the project requirements
- Review final schematic design documentation and provide reports
- Monitor design development and continue to advise consultant team on BCA and regulatory compliance
- Attend consultant meetings
- Assist design team on negotiations with relevant authorities
- Assist in the resolution of regulatory compliance issues
- Provide determinations regarding protection of the public and any adjoining properties
- Review final design documentation and provide advice/reports
Contract Administration/Construction & Post Construction
- Provide a complete and comprehensive check of architectural documents against the BCA
- Review services and structural documents against the BCA and relevant standards
- Coordinate with authorities all requirements in respect to drainage, public protection, hoardings etc
- Ensure compliance with the Building Act in matters regarding the protection of public and adjoining properties.
- Review final construction documentation and provide reports
- Review independent certification of the structural and civil engineering design
- Issue building permit in stages (where deemed appropriate)
- Undertake necessary inspections during construction
- Carry out final inspection of all stages as required
- Liaise with statutory authorities and ensure their inspection and approval in a timely manner
Following completion of the necessary inspections and upon receipt of all installation certificates and independent certifications, an occupancy permit will be issued.
Contact us for a fee proposal